Saturday, June 6, 2009

Anniversary/ birthday weekend

Last Saturday was our 6th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been 6 years already!

We had planned on leaving Friday morning for Lake Tahoe and coming back Saturday evening, but MaryEllen decided to get sick, derailing our day a bit. She woke up on friday throwing up, and as the day progressed she started to have diahrrea attacks, also. The sad part was that she was so weak she could barely pull herself out of bed, resulting in lots of panty changes. I was so worried, I told Brian we'd better cancel the hotel room. At that point we found out we were too late to cancel and we would be paying the $170 whether we went or not! My mother the saint agreed to come and stay at our virus ridden house with the kids, and we reluctantly left. Although I was worried about MaryEllen, we ended up having a great time. The hotel we stayed at was awesome, it was bigger than our first apartment, with a full kitchen, huge bath and even a 2 person jetted tub! Brian forced me to get a massage at the spa on Saturday morning and it was AMAZING. I have never had a professionel massage before, and I always thought I would be uncomfortable, but that was not the case! I have never felt so relaxed in my life. We then went to harvey's and gambled away our allotted $5 each on the slots. (gambling is stupid.)

We came back on Saturday evening to a little skeletal version of MaryEllen. She had thrown up into the night and fell asleep as my dad and brother gave her a blessing. She woke up feeling better, but it took her a full two days to truly recover! She lost 4 1/2 lbs. That's 15% of her total body weight! We are so glad that she is better, and none of us got sick, which leads me to believe it was something she ate. (A peanut cookie from Target the night before is the only thing I can think of as the culprit, but I don't know.)

Sunday we celebrated my birthday with my family, and then Monday with Brian's family, and Tuesday (my actual birthday) we saw Up. A pretty fun long weekend overall, but I'm hoping for a little less throwup (and a lot less worry) next year!

My Hubby in our hotel kitchen.


Living/ dining room


The awesome tub! I must own one someday!


My wonderful husband!


My Birthday ice cream cake from ColdStone. (yes, those are chunks of cookie dough on top!)

4 comments:

Sheila said...

OH man, that cake looks AWESOME!! YES PLEASE!! I'm so glad that you guys got to get away and spend some time together. (I'm sure it was much needed, it always is.) Jeff and I are 5 years this Thurs. and I cannot wait to go away for the weekend!! Happy B-day too!

the hamms said...

Congrats on six years. I'm glad that you got to go out of town, without the kids

Nicole said...

happy bday/anni got any of that cake left?

Anita Baker said...

wow! huge nice hotel room!

way to go on 6 years of marriage!

hey side note: i thought about you last week because in 1 week and 2 days it will be my 8th year of being baptised. since you first introduced me to the church and were my shining example, i always think of you.