Friday, February 19, 2010

Purse found... vandalized again!

Someone called this morning from a store on the corner of Auburn and Madison to tell us that purse was found! That's the good news, the rest is bad, and a little creepy.

Apparently the first crooks, who busted out our passenger window and grabbed the purse out of what I thought was my unnoticable hiding place under the center console, used some credit cards at a gas station, then grabbed the credit card and my ID before dumping it on the side of the road. They went on to do some more credit card damage, which isn't too big a deal because of fraud protection.

The good thing is that they didn't realize I had almost $400 in cash in a coupon organizer! The bad thing is that some bum, who has a little "house" behind the store where the purse was found, found it first. He left a trail of all my stuff from the street corner to his house (which is how the owners of the store found it). My temple recommend, diapers, an old tithing envelope, little toys, a pair of socks, etc. When Brian went to pick up the purse the store owners showed him all this, then he found the coupon keeper and the coupons strewn all over the place, but the cash was gone. The bum had even put one of my old ID's that I kept in my wallet up on the wall of his little house. (That's the creepy part.)

Currently the bum is out spending our money and Brian is waiting there to file a report with the police. I doubt there will be anything left of the $ when the police find him... Hopefully he got a good hot meal out of it!

The best thing to come from this morning was that my keys were found!!!! Now I don't have to worry about someone coming to our house in the night with easy access... or replacing the clicker for the Minivan!

10 comments:

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

OH NO! That really is creepy! Glad you found at least some of your stuff though!

Nicole Hernandez said...

That really stinks-I'm sorry!

Francais Frit said...

Reminds me a little of the throw up couch story. Are you going to give that purse to DI?

Shirley said...

Oh, my gosh, i don't even know what to say! So sorry for you!
shirley

the hamms said...

I am glad you got your clicker back, those are a pain to replase

The Reiersens said...

Wow! What a creepy homeless man!!

Carolyn G said...

That sucks. We've been burgled before. It is an awful thing to go through.

Shan B. said...

Good & bad news. Sorry that happened. Glad you got some of your stuff back. I leave my bag in the car all the time when I go to the gym. Guess I should be more careful from now on. He probably just thought you were so pretty he wanted to pin your picture up...it is creepy though.

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe all this! This is all just crazy Lori, i'm so sorry (and happy because there is some good news at least) but also very creepy! what a weirdy!

Nicole said...

geez. Hopefully some goodness will be sent your way soon.