Friday, August 6, 2010

Hard drive hard times

We had a scare last week and almost lost our ENTIRE hard drive. The moment Brian told me we might lose everything my immediate thought was "NOT MY PICTURES!!!!" I thought about the fact that I haven't had a picture printed in years unless it was to give to someone else. About how grateful I was for my blog, I would at least have that, but I didn't start that until Henry was 1... all of his baby pictures would be gone. And lastly I thought about Dylan. MaryEllen will remember him because she's older, but without pictures, will my boys even remember their cousin?

Fortunately, I am married to a computer geek. It took a week of hard work and 1 very expensive software program, but we got it all back. (pictures and music, that is... documents are another story, but I don't really care about those.) I've enjoyed over the last few days looking at the pictures I so took for granted before! We are taking serious precautions now and are backing up like crazy!!! Here are some pictures I found that made me laugh. I'm so glad we have them. This day was one of my favorite memories of Dylan. He and MaryEllen had so much fun squishing Francesca in the hammock!









2 comments:

Shirley said...

so glad you got your files back! That's why I got Carbonite. Christopher's hard drive crashed on his laptop and that scared the heck out of me!
shirley

The Bjurstrom Family said...

I'm so glad that Brian was able to save your pictures. Those are what have helped me through this nightmate we are living. I remember that day, being on the hammock. If I am remembering it was a birthday celebration for you. I sure do LOVE those kids:)