Monday, January 12, 2009

A tribute to Pacifiers gone by...

Henry is no longer a "phi- phi" boy. (That's what we call his pacifiers. I don't really know why.) I abruptly decided last Monday that I was sick of them and I didn't want him to have them anymore! I tried the "cut- off the tip" trick that many people have suggested, and trimmed each of them while he was eating his snack. The point I guess is to make it more difficult to suck on, then they will eventually give up and be over the pacifier. Henry took one look at his pile of newly trimmed phi-phi's, picked one up and threw it, then threw a huge tantrum. He flat out refused to put one in his mouth! I ended up just throwing the whole pile away and he went cold turkey. It was a brutal 2 days or so, but since then he actually seems to be doing even better than before. He sleeps better at night, calms himself down better, and is generally happier than he was before! Go figure!

So anyway, Here are some of my favorite memories of Henry and his Pacifier(s).





7 comments:

Nicole said...

We call them Pooties (?) Way to go Henery. We need to get together soon

Shirley said...

Holy cow! good for you! I had been told alot about the "cut the tip" method, too but was skeptical. I love the one with two pacifiers in his mouth. He is such a cutie.
How's library? Sorry, we haven't been in a while and probably won't for the next few months-I have way too much on my plate right now. How's being prego? I might not see you until Emmett is born! Crazy! Good luck and keep up the blogging!

JSL, ABE&H said...

So cute and funny, what a good idea.

sarah tangataevaha said...

congrats! those are some dang cute pictures

Francais Frit said...

I sort of forgot what Henry looked like when he was born. Obviously I remember that he was adorable- but he almost looks "small"- you know what I mean? He really picked up the pace, that one. Still adorable-just a little bit massive (the way babies are suppossed to be). Love it.

Nicole Hernandez said...

Hey Lori, we miss seeing you guys at library too. It's just too hard with Marco and Sylvie right now.
How much do your parents want to rent their house for?

Crystal Dever said...

Lori, this is so funny. Especially because we're about to go through that drama here... Haylee's like addicted to hers, and she's loosing it cold turkey the day after her third birthday. (In a week and a half) I kept hoping she'd grow out of it on her own, but alas, no such luck. I'm glad to have heard that he's doing even better without it... that will help me keep my sanity during that week. Thanks! :) By the way, good luck with the birth of your new little one... and Congratulations!