Friday, January 29, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!!

We went last Saturday to play in the snow and had a BLAST!!!! Things didn't quite go according to plans, but it all worked out.

We had our eyes on the weather report all week and it was supposed to be clear. Alas, it was absolutely not clear. We didn't have snow chains, which were required for the Sno-Park we had planned (and pre- payed!) to go to. So we decided to double back onto the chain- free I-80 and get off at the bustling roadside Shell station, where everyone else and their Mom's were all playing too! It was okay, I think there could have been an entire towns' worth of people there and there still would have been truckloads of snow to spare. The recent storms had left more snow then I ever could have dreamed of seeing in one place. It truly was beautiful and awesome... and a little scary.

I didn't take a ton of pics... it was annoying having to take my gloves off every time I wanted to snap a shot... but here is a selection of my favorites.


These poor trees were SO weighed down with snow. They looked so droopy and sad!
It sort of looked like an icing factory had exploded, the way the snow was coating the trees.





MaryEllen and Emmett were definitely the snow lovers. I think they both could have stayed all day and wouldn't have gotten sick of it. Poor Henry. He had fun, but he doesn't like his face to get wet, so you can see how that would be a problem. Plus, he didn't get the concept of gloves. He kept taking them off and then getting mad that his hands were cold. So adorably frustrating.





Aren't those boots the cutest?! Thanks to all of or friends who loaned us their gear! We were all so cozy! No one complained about being cold at all. (Well, except for Henry, but that was just his hands.)





This was the last run of the day for MaryEllen and Brian. Henry had been ready to go for a while, so he's the one you hear crying in the background.

3 comments:

Carolyn G said...

Brrr, looks so cold! I had to comment because I saw the little picture in your sidebar, "your comments make me happy" hahahha I am SO happy when people comment on my blog too!

Shan B. said...

Looks like you had fun!! I always say I want to take the kids to the snow but we don't have any gear & Brad doesn't like the snow. So...maybe someday....:)

Sheila said...

Looks like you guys had plenty of good clothes to wear!! I am so excited that you guys had SO much snow!!!