Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our Big Fat backyard project

It started when I attended a Relief Society class on square foot gardening. Then we found the super cute swing set and matching table and chairs. Now my mind won't quit on how to make our backyard even more AWESOME!!! Home improvements are truly addictive.


My garden beds... it took 1 day of shopping and 2 days of hard labor to get them in. Everyone cross your fingers that they grow!!!





We bought the swing-set and table on Saturday night, and even though we knew we couldn't put the swing-set together until Monday, I promised the kids they could have lunch at the table before church on Sunday. So after they went to bed, I put the table and chairs together and had Brian put them outside as a surprise for the kids when they woke up. They were SO EXCITED! They were asking me for lunch all morning!
(PS: This is Henry's new face. It almost never changes, and I'm sure you can imagine the noise that goes with it. Sounds something like a lion cub trying to sound ferocious.)




I did about 1/3 of the Swingset while the boys were napping on Monday, then I hit a wall. It's a 2 man job for sure! Brian helped me after he woke up, and by 5:30 the kids (including cousin Elliot and our neighbor Kierden) were having a blast! The light was a little harsh, so some of these may be hard to see.






Now I have visions of new sod and ripping out all the nasty old rose bushes... and maybe a new walkway on the side yard... and I definitely want to plant a big hydrangea in the corner by the Vege garden.... I could go on and on...

5 comments:

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

I totally want that table & swingset. I stared at it for 20 minutes the other day.

Nicole Hernandez said...

(sigh) We are working on our backyard too! It's totally torn up right now and we're trying to get it ready to lay sod. I love that swingset! Where did you get it?

Ariane said...

Looks so good! Hey, does Mary Ellen go to Sequoia Elementary? I subbed in Kinder there today? I could not remember. I did look for her.

Sheila said...

This looks FABULOUS!! How fun! I'm super impressed with all your handy skills Lori!

makana said...

I am loving the garden project! It looks great.