Sunday, July 11, 2010

MaryEllen turns 6!!!!

MaryEllen turned 6 a couple of weeks ago and we had a casual party at our house for our family and her 2 best friends. She picked everything from the meal (hot dogs, carrots, and Mac n' cheese) to the cake (chocolate with chocolate chunks, chocolate frosting and peanut butter creme filling between the layers) to the favors for her treat bags. We planned on playing in our backyard, but it was too hot, so the kids just destroyed the house while the grown ups relaxed. It was a lovely evening for my lovely girl!




We were so excited about her gift from us... an American Girl doll! We had been planning this surprise for a LOOOONG time, so it was definitely the main event for me.



She blew out the candles without making a wish! When I asked her why she said she was too afraid. She had just the day before watched a movie on Disney Channel about a girl who makes a bunch of wishes on her 16th birthday, then regrets it when they all come true. I thought it was funny how literally she took the "be careful what you wish for" message of the movie.


Time for bed! She got so many great presents, including these matching nightgowns for her and her doll.

5 comments:

Crystal Dever said...

What a sweet party... She sure is beautiful.

You're not a flake! But I definitely need a better way to get ahold of you. Can you email me or leave me your email address? Suppose the phone works too, but thats usually a lot harder for me have a conversation with.

crystal m dever @ hot mail . com

sorry about the coding... its so far a clean email account and I really dont want it spammed. :)

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh, Mary Ellen and that doll are SOOO CUTE!!! Great cake, that sounds super yummmmmmy! I have a major sweet tooth right now. I made a full batch of homemade ice cream last week and I've pretty much eaten all of it by myself---scary. She looks so grown up in these pictures!

the hamms said...

I cant wait till Rox is old enough for the American Girl dolls, they are too cute for words.

The Reiersens said...

So cute! Her doll kinda looks like her! :)

Nicole said...

That Cake! Let me know how it goes with the AG doll, we bought one for Mia last Christmas and it is now under bed, clothes are lost, hair not all knotted. It breaks my heart.