Monday, October 20, 2008

Trip to the Zoo!

I was really bored a couple of weeks ago so I decided on a whim to go to the zoo. Oh my gosh, we had so much fun!! I had no idea how into animals Henry is, and MaryEllen loves anytime she gets to navigate a map. (She hardly took her nose out of the zoo map the whole time.) It was one of the best, most laid back day trips we have ever taken, and I can't wait to go back!



The Infamous Map!


Scoping out the tigers (note where MaryEllen's eyes are)


Believe it or not, He went CRAZY about this water feature!


The flamingos were by far the favorite of our group. I had to restrain Henry several times from climbing through the fence.



We took about 20 of these kangaroo shots. MaryEllen got frustrated with Henry's goofing off and finally decided she would show him how to be a proper Joey.


When she found out the Otter lived all alone, she promised him we would stay and keep him company. The tantrum came when I said it was time to leave. She was so mad she rolled up her map!


MaryEllen wasn't scared of anything in the reptile house, but was mortified at the thought of walking under the huge blow up frog to get to the entrance.

4 comments:

Crystal Dever said...

You have a sweet little family Lori. I'm so glad I found you again! Glad things are going well for you. Hugs!

the hamms said...

They are the sweetest kids ever. By the way I LOVE the names. Very classic

Emily said...

Hi Brian & Lori! It's been a while. Your kids are adorable. I love that MaryEllen loved the map so much. Too cute. If you want to look at our blog, it's private, so I would need your email address to include you. Anyways, it's fun to catch up!
Jeff & Emily

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

Hey I found your blog! Te zoo is such a fun place to go, even if Sac's zoo is a bit ghetto.