Sunday, November 29, 2009

Finishing the big fat post

Here are the rest of the pictures from the post before last. I'm so far behind!!!!

First we finish up Halloween...



MaryEllen, demure as ever, in her beautiful Rosetta costume. Did I mention I made that? It was HARD!!!! She'll have to be Rosetta for the next 3 Halloweens to make it up to me.



Henry was supposed to be Nemo again, but decided he was too cool for that. (he wouldn't put the costume on!) I threw together this Baseball player costume in 1 day by getting baseball pants and socks in the athletic section at Target, (yes they carry them all year round!) and buying a plain white t shirt and some iron on transfer paper and printing up Cubs images and his name on it. We already had the hat.. I think the whole thing turned out awesome!



The little fat chicken is always a crowd pleaser.


Next, on to Brian's birthday.

Thanks to all of our family members, we were able to get him what he really wanted this year! His 2 requests were the complete set of "Avatar: the Last Airbender" on DVD (pricey!!!) and A set of Adjustable dumbbells which would go up to 50 lbs each. (WAY pricier!!!) I asked our whole family on both sides to pitch in and we were able to get them both!!! (I also had to drain my Uppercase Living account to make up the difference... Ah the things we do for love!) He loved both gifts, though I don't have any pictures to post of either party.

I made him 2 cakes, 1 for each party... a red velvet layer cake (my new favorite thing) and a chocolate and butter layer cake, which I let the kids decorate with Halloween candy. It was so much fun, and since his birthday is a week after Halloween, I figure I will probably make it a yearly tradition.


Before...


The creative process at work!


and after!

Empty promises again! I never have time to finish! Next post: Thanksgiving and the Kickaroos end of season party!

2 comments:

Francais Frit said...

DUDE
I sent you photos of Brian's bday. They must have all been lame. Sorry.

AND

I like the halloween candy cake. That is really cute.

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

We'll see you at Yogurt Monkey!! :)