Friday, December 19, 2008

She's ours!!

We showed up at the shelter about 2 minutes late today and I thought for sure we had missed our opportunity to get the dog. Happily, no one else who was on the list even showed up! So after they approved all of our paperwork and we played with her for about an hour and a half, we payed the fees and now she is Miss Clara Faulconer. We don't get to bring her home until Christmas Eve, because she needs to be spayed first, but she'll be home for Christmas! Yay!


Look at those sad eyes! How could anyone NOT want her?!




MaryEllen (who is normally pretty scared of dogs) is totally comfortable with Clara. That might be because Clara is obviously scared to death of everything right now. The people at the shelter don't know her previous circumstance, but we're guessing she needs a little extra love.

7 comments:

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

Oh my gosh how fun! Noah says he wants to get a big hairy dog and name him Carlos. So someday we will have to get him his Carlos. :) I had a beagle growing up. His name was Brewster and he was insane!!!! He was definitely a hunter and we would bark at a leaf falling from a tree! I vividly remember running down fair oaks blvd at 6am trying to catch him! But she sounds like a very calm beagle! Good luck!

The Reiersens said...

Miss Clara! I love the name!!

The Evers Family said...

How fun! I like the name.

JSL, ABE&H said...

She's cute and beagles are good dogs, just make the kids do the scooping, like I had todo :)

the hamms said...

Well I am glad you got the dog, because that would have been a sucky update of the last dog. The thing I love most about your family is that they have the most elegant classic names. Congrats on Clara.

Charla and Jarom said...

Hey you two! Remember me!!!! Wow, how time flies! Cute kids! I don't know how I didn't find your blog till now! Good luck with the dog! Have a Merry Christmas!

Danny Janessa, and Allan said...

I love those dogs! You will have to tell me how their personality really is... We can talk in the hospital when we are delivering our babies.