Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wer'e Adopting?!

Well, nothing is for sure yet. We went to the SPCA today just to look around. Brian has taken MaryEllen before and we thought that since Henry is such an animal lover he would have fun visiting the dogs. I never thought it would happen, because I'm not really an animal person, but we saw a little red and white beagle and I totally fell in love! (The dog below is not ours, but looks very similar.)

So we are 2nd on the waiting list. (A dog must be in the custody of the SPCA for a week before being adopted out.) We will go back Friday morning at 10 am and if the person who is first on the list isn't there she is all ours! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, for my sake and the kids, but she is such a sweet little pup! She is 3 yrs old, not too big, but not too small, and she didn't bark or jump once the whole time we were there! She was a stray, so her name is unknown, and MaryEllen has informed us that if we get her, her name will be Clara. I think it fits, so I'm not going to argue. Wish us luck!!!

Keagan, the red & white Beagle


2 comments:

Spencer and Jessica said...

I remember being on the waiting list for our cats when they were kittens. We showed up at 4:30 in the morning to beat everyone else on the day that they became available. (This was pre-children, and I REALLY needed something to nurture while we finished up our degrees.) GOOD LUCK!! Merry Christmas, too! We miss seeing you guys.

Nicole said...

Good luck If you do get clara we will have her over for playdates with Ollie